Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hello Summer

Hello Hello!
I am very aware that I haven't posted in QUITE awhile, I skipped Spring!!!
But I'm back!
So onto other news, Summer is here! And what does this mean people???
Cute clothes that don't have to be covered by a big coat! WHOO HOO!

Ok I know, for any of you fair skinned people, this is also the horrible reminder that yes, our legs will in fact be shown to the world, and yes they may need sunglasses for at least a few weeks (i recommend spray tan/tan in a can or tan wipes.. yes i said tan wipes, they are real and they are amazing, and they WILL change your life!)
But onto even better news, this being warmer weather, it is one of my favorite times, (not b/c of the heat) but b/c summer dresses are here, and I do LOVE me some cute summer dresses.
I'm southern, so how could I not, although my other outfit of choice would be my cowboy boots, jeans and a white tank top (but I'm from TX so how could that NOT be my other choice!)

So, I pulled together some cute summer finds that made me smile and made my wallet barely budge, which in turn makes my smile even bigger... not my hips mind you, my smile.. if that were the case, I would tell you to not in fact read this blog but move on to something else! :)

So without further ado... (whatever that means, but it makes me feel like I'm playing a part in some fabulous British film) Here are the finds!

This dress below I love from Anthropologie, and yes its a LITTLE steeper than I usually try to be, but still right now its on sale for $69, which for Anthropologie is a pretty good deal, but with some cute flats or dress it up with some wedges and you are so ready for summer!

I love a shirt dress, and this one with some cowboy boots couldn't be better for Summer! Shirt dresses are flattering on almost every body type, I promise!
And for $29 from Alloy its even cuter!
This yellow and white dress makes me smile big time! How much more summery can you get?? Pair with some white flats/sandals, and if you're brave.. a hat and you can say you wore it to the Derby, (cue the Mint Julep) And its only $24 from Forever 21.. cue the smile. :)
I love this little romper! This takes me back to when I was probably 6 years old, and I had one that was made out of some type of cheap towel material, everything comes back around, even 6 yr olds wardrobes!
And if its a little too much skin for you, throw a cardi over it, and put some cute wedges with it, and it instantly dresses it up. And its from Target for $19.99!
And last but not least, here's a very chic top from Anthropologie, and its on sale for $29! Again, how good is that price for Anthropologie?!? Love the ruffles, and you could add a belt to cinch it in or layer it under a suit for work. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. what do you recommend for flood wear, katy? wellies and a dress or do we just skip the dress and go full-on country with overalls?! everyone in franklin is walking around in their mission-trip finest. you should do a piece on mission-trip, flood relief wear. im having troubles deciding what clothes to put on to bleach someones basement...any tips?

    hope you guys stayed dry, but considering where yall are at, i am sadly doubtful! call if you need help~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did stay dry, and have some folks staying @ our place while we're here in Charleston.
    Yes you're very right, flood wear chic would be a great post :)
    Hope yall are dry and well, and yes I say go all the way with overalls, wellies, and call it a day!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena