Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lets Get Started

I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids that keep me happy, tired, excited, laughing, crying, motivated, scared, proud, smiling, and going. And married to the most wonderful man in the world.. without a doubt! and he's about as cute as they get too!!

So where to start:
I love shopping.. not crazy about malls, but finding things that are original, and amazing and also I won't buy something that isn't a deal.. unless it will last longer than your diet probably will..
For those of us that aren't a fetus anymore, ie: can legally vote.. we can all sometimes get in a rut. Even if you're older, tush ain't as tight as it was, girls are saggin' down a little more each day, whether your 18 or 80 or all the above, doesn't mean you can't look fabulous.
And you may not be literally wearing "mom jeans" anymore.. but you may be dressing in the wrong clothes for you, or for your body.

I'm in love with clothes, decorating, deals, and steals. (I'm sure there will be therapy following this.. not to be confused with retail therapy)
And also making people find what makes them look fabulous.. (ie: YOU)
Which is probably not what the girl sitting next to you, your sister, best friend or the lady next door who should be arrested for what she wears (or doesn't wear) to walk outside to get the mail is wearing!!
So, just so we're clear on that.. just because it looks good on her, doesn't mean its gonna make your tush look hot....lets be honest.

I love a deal as much as the next person, BUT... I don't buy something unless I absolutely (i repeat) ABSOLUTELY love it!! (even if.. "it was 85% off and it looked fabulous, and there was only one left, and it was totally in my size, maybe it was a little tight, but I've been working out, and I'm still gonna lose like 6 lbs that I have from when I was preg.. and I don't know if I would wear it again, but how could i not buy it when its so cheap!!??!" (whew) ..sound familiar??)

I'll be sharing things that I find, things I hate, and things that have CHANGED my life! (again you realize we're talking about retail.. nothing deep.. you may wanna move on if you thought you were going conquer the world after reading my blog.. ain't happening my friend... but you might conquer your fashion rut.. which is a little like conquering the world.. so never mind, this actually might help you conquer the world!! :)
So stay tuned...

~katy

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to be too much fun for me! What a great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited abou this - thanks for sharing your tricks and welcome to the blog world.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena