Sunday, January 18, 2009

Suzani textiles




So my favorite Home/Decorating store of all time is ABC Carpet & Home in NY.
They have such an array of different styles; Modern, Asian/Middle Eastern, Traditional Chic, really anything for everyone. (And I met Betsey Johnson the last time I was there!!)
My favorite things they have there are furniture pieces with embroidered textiles from the villages of Central Asia, the Middle East and the Andes. They are absolutely gorgeous, and also.. really expensive!


Or do something much more simple and use the fabric to make a pillow.. I know, I know you're thinking.. when or WHY would I want to do that?? Because, if you like the look, and bought it you would be spending in the 1000's to 10,000's for it!!

I've found instructions/how to's to make an ottoman similar to the pics i posted, and doesn't seem to be as difficult as you may think .. obviously there is much more detail in the pieces that the upscale stores have created, but you can achieve the same goal on a much easier level and not break the bank.

I'm going to attempt to make an ottoman in the future, and will add pictures for you to see the process. I'm up for the challenge, and find it therapeutic to do projects like these.

4 comments:

  1. I love ABC too!
    When you come visit....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey these are so much attractive. I really like the designs of the clothes. Thanks for posting. Now I often visit on that blog so please keep posting me that kind of blogs. For the more information visit on www(dot)uzbekalive(dot)com.
    Central Asian Textiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your carper where can I buy that online?

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena